Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

First off, sorry for being away for so long...again, I promise this is the last time it'll happen. This time, however, I do have a legitimate excuse, somewhere in the midst of moving all my stuff from Berkeley back to Humboldt for the summer I managed to pack my camera (and thus all the pictures I took of my latest concoctions) away in some mysterious bag, it was only a couple days ago that I finally uncovered it. So, without further ado, I bring you the first update since Easter


Now, this is not my recipe however, this recipe is so amazingly delicious it has somehow managed to become a staple in my mental cookbook over the last few months. These chocolate chip cookies are by far the best I've even eaten (and being a huge chocolate chip cookie fan, I've tasted quite a few). They are everything a good cookie should be, densely chewy on the inside, crisp along the edges, rich, extremely buttery, and choc full of chocolate chips.


A few tips, for this recipe I brown the butter to a point bordering on dangerous. I wait until the little butter solids are very nearly black and the butter is a deep golden brown. So far it's seemed that the longer I brown the butter, the better the cookies end up tasting but be very careful not to go overboard and burn it or else you'll have to start over. Also, if you're more of a fan of a lighter cake-ier cookie, add 2 eggs instead of 1 egg and 1 egg yolk and you'll get a still rich and buttery but slightly fluffier version of this recipe. Finally, I halve the amount of chocolate chips in the recipe because I love the flavor of the browned butter in the cookie and I find it stands out a bit more when it's not overwhelmed by chocolate, but if you're a huge chocolate fan, go ahead and add the full ammount.

Since the recipe is not my own and I haven't done much of anything to alter it I'm simply going to provide a link to the website I got it from, but definitely try these out, they're pretty amazing.

http://familyfriendsandfood.blogspot.com/2009/03/improved-tollhouse-cookies.html

2 Response to Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

July 15, 2009 at 9:36 PM

YAY! Melody the baker back in action!

November 2, 2009 at 5:45 AM

yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

 

Copyright © 2009 The Quirky Kitchen All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes